The American Society of Plastic Surgeons refers to dermal fillers as ‘liquid facelifts’, thanks to the softened, fuller features that commonly come with a facelift.
Dermal fillers, which are composed of fat or other synthetic materials, can be used in conjunction with multiple skin nourishing and revitalizing treatments – such as chemical peels, hydrafacials and laser skin tightening to harmonize your overall look. At Novomed Aesthetica, we use a special soft cannula instead of needles to significantly minimize bruising and discomfort.
What are dermal fillers?
Here is a list of the temporary dermal fillers on offer…
- Radiesse®is a dermal filler that is mixed with gel. Made of the same minerals that are found in human bones, it is commonly used to give the appearance of increased collagen production by reducing wrinkles and creases. It is also effective for diminishing deep rooted scars.
- Sculptra®works by correcting shallow to deep facial wrinkles as it replaces lost collagen. The treatment regimen usually consists of up to 4 injection sessions scheduled about 3 weeks apart. The treatment builds your own collagen for a more refined and youthful appearance.
- Perlane® and Restylane®are dermal fillers comprised of hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally within the human body and is partly responsible for the fullness of skin. They effectively restore volume by binding with water molecules. As the hyaluronic acid breaks down over a few months, its molecules continue to bind with water, until they eventually disappear from the system. This process takes about six months, after which the treatment can be repeated if desired.
- JUVÉDERM®is a smooth, hyaluronic-acid-based injectable gel that reduces or eliminates the appearance of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It is particularly effective in diminishing the appearance of the fold between the cheek and the mouth (naso-labial fold).
- Belotero®is a revolutionary new hyaluronic-acid-based injectable filler that has been proven to treat even the finest of wrinkles. It provides remarkably subtle rejuvenation, working with the contours of the patient’s face to ensure the most natural-looking results possible.
Why should I consider dermal fillers?
If you are interested in obtaining more compact, younger-looking skin, then dermal fillers may be right for you. With instantaneous results, our team of skilled practitioners can address imperfections and correct them seamlessly, achieving nearly the same results as plastic surgery, with absolutely none of the downtime. We only use the latest, safest technology and filling treatments to smoothen fine lines, deep-set wrinkles and sagging skin.