What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers, also known as dental veneers or dental porcelain laminates), are made to cover up the front surface of your teeth to improve your smile. They are wafer-thin and custom-made for every mouth. They are tooth-colored so nobody will ever know that you have them on your teeth!
Once your veneers are made, they will be bonded to your teeth. This means that they will be permanently cemented to your teeth, so you don’t have to worry about them falling off.
Before we bond your veneers to your teeth, we need to make sure that your teeth are ready. We clean, polish, and etch your teeth. The etching process helps with the bonding process. The veneer will stick to your tooth better because it is roughened during this process.
Once your tooth is ready, we use a special cement on the veneer and place it right on your tooth. We then use a special light to activate the chemicals in the cement, so it fixes quickly. After that, we remove any excess cement and evaluate your mouth to make sure that we don’t have to make any other changes.
Direct teeth bonding is a non-invasive approach. We use composite to repair any damaged teeth due to:
- Misshapen teeth
- Protect exposed roots
- And much more!
Veneers are used to correct your teeth and give you a beautiful smile. They will correct the following:
- Discolored teeth
- Worn down teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Teeth with large gaps in between them. Veneers will help to close the space between your teeth.
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregular teeth. Veneers will give you a mouth that looks perfect.
In order to have the most success, you are going to want to make sure that you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers. Here are some things that make you want to consider getting veneers.
- You might have minor cosmetic imperfections in your teeth, yet you have good oral health.
- You need to have sufficient tooth enamel. If you don’t, your veneers won’t hold.
- You don’t grind or clench your teeth.
- Your teeth are pretty straight. If your teeth are not straight, you may need more help then veneers can give you.
- You must have good oral hygiene. Veneers can last for years if you take care of them. It is important to make sure that you brush your teeth and floss regularly to ensure that they last for as long as they possibly can.
Many people choose veneers because they offer many advantages such as:
- Look natural
- Well tolerated by gums
- Stain resistant
- Come in a variety of colors to match your natural teeth
- Conservative way to radically change the look of your smile.