Skin Resurfacing in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain
What is Skin Resurfacing?
It is a type of skin care treatment that is carried out by a professional skin expert, such as a dermatologist or beauty therapist. The main purpose of the procedure is to help patients improve the texture of their skin by tightening it and balancing the skin tone. Thereby enhancing one’s overall appearance. The treatment also tends to reduce age spots, wrinkles, acne scars, and other blemishes.
Based on the individual’s case and requirements, the dermatologist or beauty therapist will recommend the appropriate treatment plan for them. The lasers used during the procedure can be ablative or non-ablative, depending on the case presented. The treatment involves short and focused beams of light that are directed at the areas of skin that are irregular and need to be treated. Skin resurfacing gets rid of the dead skin and encourages the growth of new cells in the deeper layers of the skin.
Read further to discover more about the procedure, its benefits, limitations, and if you should consider it as an option to treat your current skin condition.
Are there any benefits or limitations to the procedure?
The benefits of the treatment include:
– Non-surgical procedure.
– Little to no pain and a topical numbing cream can be used to help with any kind of discomfort. Depending on the laser used, the depth and area being treated as well as one’s level of pain tolerance will determine the degree of pain/discomfort that might be experienced during the procedure.
– Little to no downtime required.
– Results are long-lasting.
There are a few limitations to consider as well, such as:
– The treated area of skin can feel dry and raw for a while.
– Redness can occur, and a scab will develop as the skin heals.
– Certain measures might have to be taken to avoid any scenarios where you can get an infection. For instance, gyms or swimming pools should be avoided temporarily.
Should you consider this type of treatment?
According to the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, there is a common misconception that laser resurfacing treatments are only safe for people that have light skin tones. Yes, some lasers can indeed have a discoloration effect on darker skin tones and pose a risk of damaging cells, but there are also effective and safe options. It is best to discuss the different treatment options for your case with your professional designated skin expert.
You can consider this treatment if you have one or more of the following skin conditions:
– An uneven skin tone
– Acne scars
– Puffy oil glands
– Age spots
– Facial wrinkles
– Fine lines
– Sagging skin
– Crow’s feet
It is worth noting that this type of procedure might not be suited for individuals that have a lot of sagging skin and those that suffer from active acne breakouts.
Treatment options available at Novomed:
- M22: This is a powerful modular multi-application device that treats over 30 different kinds of skin conditions. It is known to provide patients with the best outcome possible. Also, it is safe and effective. It is a non-invasive treatment that helps reduce any unwanted pigmentation, treat vascular lesions, and improve the overall appearance of one’s skin.
- Venus Viva: It combines both Smart Scan technology and Nano Fractional Radio Frequency which in turn provides patients with a smooth outlook and an even skin tone. New collagen is produced from the individual’s body when the energy is released from the Venus Viva system as it delivers an equal distribution of heat to multiple layers of the patient’s skin tissues. The level of intensity can be adjusted on this device to suit your case and needs. It is non-invasive, there is minimal discomfort and minimal downtime, it is safe and effective for all skin types, and offers immediate and long-lasting results.
- Clear and Brilliant: This is one of the latest treatment options available and is commonly used to treat skin discoloration. It helps improve the texture and overall skin tone. The treatment time is approximately 20 minutes and the downtime is usually short and at times not required at all. Additionally, the device consists of a non-ablative laser that delivers laser energy to the target area which is the underlying layers of the patient’s skin. The results achieved from the treatment include softer skin, a tighter and smoother appearance with a refreshing glow. All of which can be seen shortly after the treatment. Another plus point of Clear and Brilliant is that it does not stimulate redness or dry skin which makes it a very appealing option. Patients are known to sometimes experience a little bit of discomfort during the treatment, however, it would only be mild and temporary.
What to expect from the treatment?
The process targets the outer layer of the patient’s skin while heating the lower layers in the dermis at the same time. The treatment will stimulate collagen production which will help promote the development of new skin that is firmer and smoother.
Before the treatment, your skin expert will provide you with a detailed treatment plan. We highly recommend addressing all of your concerns with the medical professional that you will be consulting with – so that you are clear on what to expect during and post-treatment.
If you are interested in treating your skin condition, then please feel free to reach out to us online or call 8006686 so that we can help connect you with the right skin expert.