Childbirth can really affect a woman’s body, including how she feels about herself. One of the most common complaints is the fact that her abdominal skin has stretched so much during pregnancy that it can’t snap right back into place. Another common complaint is that the muscles in the abdominal area become lax and separate, which gives you a protruding abdomen (no matter how many sit-ups you do)! Pregnancy and breastfeeding can also change your breasts. Most breasts tend to sag after a mother is finished nursing.
Because of this, many women turn to plastic surgery in Dubai and Al Ain to give them back the body that they had before!
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy or mummy makeover is done to give a woman back the body that she had prior to having children. It is tailor-designed for every woman, depending on her post-pregnancy and breastfeeding body.
It may address some of the following changes:
- Extra skin in the abdominal area
- Protruding abdomen, which is common due to stretched and torn muscles
- Breasts that sag or appear deflated after breastfeeding
- Unsightly stretch marks
- Extra fat in the abdomen, flanks, lower back, things, arms, and even chin
- Facial changes due to exhaustion
When is the Best Time for a Mommy Makeover?
Though most people want to look like their normal self right away, the truth is that your body needs time to recover from childbirth. You are going to need some time for your body to heal and lose some weight before you decide to go through with a mommy makeover.
Here are some things to consider before you decide to have the procedure done:
- You are close to your ideal weight. The surgery is much easier for those who don’t have a lot of weight to lose.
- You have been eating healthy and exercising regularly so you can maintain your new body as soon as your body heals from surgery.
- Depending on your circumstances, you might want to do the procedure once you are finished having children. It is safe to have a baby after a mommy makeover. However, there is a good chance that you will need to have another procedure after you give birth and breastfeed.
- You know what you want. During your original consultation, your doctor will discuss your goals from the surgery to make sure that we can give you the body that you want.
Popular Procedures Done With a Mommy Makeover
Here are some of the common procedures that may be done during a mommy makeover:
Liposuction is one of the most common types of plastic surgery that is completed. It is done to remove (and suck) fat from the body. It is commonly done on the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, back, arms, and much more.
Breast Lift is also known as a mastopexy. It can reshape the breasts to give you a more youthful and uplifted appearance.
Breast Augmentation is colloquially known as a ‘boob job’. Breastfeeding can decrease the volume of your breasts and an augmentation can give you the shape of your breasts back. It can also help you with the asymmetry of your breasts.
A Tummy Tuck is essential for all mommy makeovers. Also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck removes excess fat and skin. It can also help to restore abdominal muscles that are weakened to give them a better profile.
Choosing the right surgeon is key
It is important to choose the right surgeon for your Mommy Makeover. You should look for a surgeon with the following:
- Years of experience as a plastic surgeon
- Specialization in mommy makeovers, as well as the various options – surgical and non-surgical available
- Makes you feel comfortable at every step and answers all of your questions
- Has an office that is safe and sterile, with an excellent hospital and surgical team to back him or her
If you are interested in getting a mommy makeover, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.