Dr Ana Teixeira is a European Board-certified Consultant Rheumatologist with more than 20 years’ experience. From 1990 to 2013, she practiced at the Portuguese Institute of Rheumatology in Lisbon, which is one of the first units of Rheumatology in Europe, where she also served as the Clinical Director and a Board Member.
She has been actively involved in rheumatology training and research and has contributed to major journals and scientific meetings. Dr Ana moved to Dubai in 2013 to work as part of a multidisciplinary medical team before joining Novomed.
Dr Ana speaks English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
Her extensive experience in rheumatology includes:
- Rheumatoid, reactive and psoriatic arthritis
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Sjogren’s and Behcet’s syndromes
- Acute and chronic pain related to tendinitis
- Neck pain and lower back pain
- Postural imbalance