Throughout her diverse career, Gopika gained a lot of experience having worked in clinical, educational, and organizational sectors with children and adults by implementing one on one psychological intervention to a range of clientele.. She has authored papers and gets involved in community programs whenever she can. She has been an active volunteer of the covid-19 mental health task force project launched by the Dubai Health Authority, providing psychological first aid and crisis interventions for those psychologically affected by the pandemic.
Her therapeutic expertise lies in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Habit Reversal Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Therapy, Single Session Brief Therapy, Marital Therapy, Mindfulness, Family Counselling and Creative Arts Therapy. She uses an eclectic approach to her clinical practice, that is tailored to suit each individual’s specific needs. She is committed to guiding her clients through their journey of self discovery and healing.
Gopika focuses on:
- Diagnosing psychological and psychiatric conditions in children, adolescents, and adults
- Relationship difficulties
- Administering psychometric assessments (diagnostic, cognitive, personality, psycho-educational and neuropsychology) to identify neurological and psychiatric conditions
- Conducting psychotherapeutic intervention for children with ADHD, conduct disorders, learning disability, and autism
- Assisting adolescents and young adults with special needs, behavioral and emotional disturbances
- Providing counseling to individuals experiencing relationship issues, occupational stress, workplace bullying, etc
- Helping individuals with depression, anxiety, OCD, phobias, tics and tourette, eating disorders, substance abuse, pain disorders, schizophrenia, personality disorders, impulse control disorders
Gopika speaks English & Hindi