Dubai confirmed the first case of coronavirus. It is estimated that Chinese tourists to Dubai exceeded one million visitors in 2019, thus, we recommend you to follow the instructions mentioned in this article.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
Coronavirus causes cold-like symptoms in humans primarily over the winter and spring season. In severe cases, coronavirus can cause pneumonia. Symptoms usually include the following:
- Feeling tired
- Difficulty breathing
- High temperature
- A cough
Who is at risk of being infected?:
- If you’ve recently travelled especially to China or been in crowded areas
- You’ve had contact with somebody who has been diagnosed with coronavirus
- You are a caring for a person or people with severe respiratory infections
- You have been to the hospital in an affected area
How is Wuhan novel coronavirus spread between people?
It is still unclear how this virus is spread as it’s a new type of virus, however due to the family it belongs to it is thought it can be spread by cough droplets.
Precautionary measures for you and your family:
- Avoid meeting people who are sick
- Avoid animal markets and meat markets
- Avoid travel to and from China if possible
- Wash your hands often with water and soap, sanitize hands, surfaces etc.
- Wearing masks is not as important as washing your hands frequently especially before rubbing your eyes or nose.
How to protect others
If you think you may have contracted the coronavirus and are experiencing cold-like symptoms, you can help protect those around by the simple following steps:
- Staying at home while you are sick
- Avoiding contact with others
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, discarding the tissue in the correct way, sanitizing your hands after it
- Clean and disinfect objects on a regular basis
What to do if you think you are infected?
- You should remain indoors avoiding contact with others
- Do not attend the hospital as there will be special equipment needed in dealing with suspected cases of coronavirus
- Call you physician and ask from advice and make them aware you may be at risk
- Do not use public transport
- Call the hospital/clinic before you arrive for them to prepare the relevant equipment and room specifically designed to deal with such cases of isolation
- You may be put into isolation depending on the severity of your symptoms, do not be alarmed by this. It is to protect you and those around you.
Treatment for Wuhan novel coronavirus
As of it yet there is no specific treatment for Wuhan novel coronavirus, however advanced diagnostic testing aims to find a cure to relieve the symptoms. Most people who contract the virus will recover on their own. However, there are options to relieve the symptoms you may experience that include:
- Painkillers will help control fever and reduce pain cause by human coronavirus
- Take a hot shower or use a humidifier to help ease with symptoms such as blocked sinuses, cough and sore throat.
- Remaining at home and resting
- Do not drink large amounts of water. Instead keep your throat moist by sipping a bit of water every ten minutes.
It’s hard to determine the time this epidemic needs to reach its peak. However, the number of confirmed cases of infection in Wuhan and Hubei on January 28 has decreased significantly, indicating positive progress in prevention. Based on the incubation period, experts estimate that the epidemic may peak in about a week or 10 days, and it will not increase widely after that.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, please contact your physician.