Train Your Home Helper
Here at Novomed we understand that sometimes the best care you can get is that provided by a family member or housemaid. Whether this is for financial reasons, or the comfort of having a familiar face with you, we can provide comprehensive training on a range of general medical procedures.
Our highly qualified team can provide training on the following topics:
- Managing your medications; what to take, when to take, how to take, common side effects.
- Tracheostomy cleaning.
- Managing diabetes: correct diet, warning signs to watch out for.
- Taking blood pressure readings and accurate temperature recording.
- Taking care of simple wounds, replacing bandages, etc.
- Mobility training; safe transfer from wheelchair to chair, preventing bedsores.
- Nutritional advice and managing a feeding tube.
- Minimising infection risk in the home.
- How to help with everyday activities such as bathing, feeding and dressing.