MonaLisa Touch Machine in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain
What is the MonaLisa Touch?
The MonaLisa Touch is considered the latest technology used in cosmetic gynecology. It uses lasers to stimulate collagen production in the vaginal tissues, which contributes to tightening them and reducing their laxity. Also, this device has proven effective in terms of treating some of the problems resulting from weak vaginal tissues and relaxation of its muscles, in addition to the disorders caused by the natural aging process.
In 2004, the Food and Drug Administration approved the effectiveness of the MonaLisa Touch device, which makes it a safe device that conforms to international medical specifications, as it is considered a medical treatment and not just a cosmetic vaginal procedure.
What conditions does the MonaLisa Touch treat?
The use MonaLisa Touch is not limited to cosmetic gynecology, as it can provide an effective treatment for many problems that women may suffer from. The conditions that this device helps to treat include:
- Genitourinary syndrome of menopause or vaginal atrophy.
- Vaginal laxity.
- Vaginal dryness.
- Dyspareunia or pain during sexual intercourse.
- Urinary incontinence.
- Decrease in the level of estrogen in the body after childbirth.
How does the MonaLisa Touch work?
MonaLisa Touch uses a carbon dioxide laser to stimulate collagen production in vaginal tissues which helps to rejuvenate them and reduce their laxity. The laser beams make very small incisions in the wall of the vagina, to facilitate the function of blood vessels in this area. Vaginal rejuvenation can help to restore the normal function of the vagina, which has been affected by aging. The treatment session takes only five minutes, and the patient may need several sessions, separated by 18 months.
Regarding the results, improvement can be noticed 5-7 days after the session. The most prominent feature of this treatment is that it does not require a recovery period, and the patient can immediately return to her usual activities.
What are the benefits of the MonaLisa Touch?
MonaLisa Touch treatment provides many benefits, most notably:
- Promotes reproductive health and function.
- Reduces the need for hormonal therapy.
- Narrows the vagina and tightens its tissues after childbirth.
- Improves women’s sexual health and reduces pain during intercourse.
- Reduces vaginal dryness and improves its moisture.
MonaLisa Touch treatment for urinary incontinence
Urinary incontinence refers to a woman’s involuntary leakage of urine, which causes her discomfort, embarrassment, and stress. Urinary incontinence is often caused by weakness in the pelvic floor muscles, vaginal muscle relaxation and bladder prolapse. The MonaLisa Touch device can help treat this condition by stimulating blood circulation in the treated area, which speeds up the recovery process and strengthens the pelvic floor muscles. This provides support for the bladder and restores its normal function. Also, stimulating collagen production in the vaginal tissues helps tighten the skin, which enhances the function of the intimate area and improves the ability to pass urine naturally.
How to prepare for the MonaLisa Touch treatment session?
Before a treatment session, some simple steps are to be followed:
- Stop smoking two weeks before the session, to facilitate blood circulation in the body.
- Avoid sexual intercourse and do not use lubricants 24 hours before the session.
- Avoid applying topical creams to the vagina to prevent residue build-up.
- Limit alcohol intake the day before the session.
- Drink enough water the day before the session to moisturize the vaginal tissues.
- Pay attention to the hygiene of the intimate area.
What happens after a MonaLisa Touch session?
Special care for the intimate area after the session is necessary, so the following steps must be followed:
- Refrain from smoking for a week after the session.
- Abstain from sexual intercourse for 48 hours after the session.
- Applying cold compresses for 20 minutes, several times a day, to reduce swelling in the area.
- Clean the area with a mild soap-free cleanser and dry it well.
- Adhere to the doctor’s instructions and visit them regularly.
At Novomed Centers, our clinics are equipped with the latest technologies and machines to provide patients with comfort and guaranteed results. Book your consultation with one of our specialists to find the right treatment for you.