A home nebulizer is a medical device that converts liquid medicine into a breathing mist that the patient inhales with the help of a mouthpiece or breathing mask to help manage respiratory symptoms. There are two main types of nebulizers: the jet nebulizer, which uses compressed air to turn the medication into a mist, and the ultrasonic nebulizer, which uses ultrasonic vibrations to turn the medicine into a mist.
Our doctors recommend home nebulizer sessions for various respiratory conditions, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis. Home nebulizers can administer medication very effectively, especially for those who have trouble using inhalers.
What are the benefits of home nebulization therapy?
Home nebulization is a convenient service that can be done in the comfort of your home and is very effective because the medication is delivered directly to the lungs. Additionally, it is a safe technique since it requires lower medication dosages than other forms of therapy and is easier to use than other devices, such as inhalers because the user is not required to time their breathing with the equipment. For that reason, nebulization therapy is usually recommended for children and the elderly who find difficulty using other inhalation equipment.
How does home nebulization therapy work?
A nebulization session usually takes around 15–25 minutes. Nebulizers may be simpler to use than inhalers, but to ensure proper nebulizer use and a smooth nebulization, you may need professional at-home respiratory services.
Novomed provides the best respiratory care at home and shows the patient how to use a nebulizer correctly to promote efficient results and prevent any side effects. Our specialist will show you the proper breathing technique throughout the nebulization process so you can get relief quickly.
The steps of home nebulization:
- The patient should clean their hands thoroughly with soap and water and sit in an upright position.
- The doctor should verify the respiratory condition, pulse rates, and breath sounds and then explain the breathing process to the patient.
- The doctor then needs to connect the nebulizer’s hose to an air compressor and fill the medicine cup with the appropriate medication dosage.
- The doctor connects the hose and mouthpiece/breathing mask to the medicine cup, places the mouthpiece between the patient’s lips, or attaches the breathing mask to the patient’s face and secures it in place.
- The patient will need to take a few deep breaths and inhale the mist emitted from the nebulizer.
Book your home nebulization session today!
Nebulization provides significant improvement in breathing patterns, the cessation of wheezing, and a decreased constriction of the chest almost immediately. Moreover, this treatment offers immediate relief to patients with chest and nose blockages.
If you require home respiratory services for nebulization at your residence, give us a call, and one of our skilled doctors will come to you and provide you with the best care in the comfort of your home.