Dr Maria Isabel Acosta is a Colombian plastic surgeon with over 25 years of experience. She holds a degree in Medicine from Javeriana University and Specialty Degree in Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery Degree from Juan N. Corpas Medical School in Bogota, Colombia.
Before joining Novomed, Dr Maria worked as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon (Reconstructive, Trauma and Cosmetic surgery) in two of the biggest private and public centers of Bogota, Colombia for more than 10 years, and then she moved to the Middle East where she worked in several prestigious medical centers in Oman and the UAE.
Dr Maria is keen to keep in touch with the latest techniques and procedures related to her specialty and she always participates in international conferences on various fields of plastic surgery so that she can provide her patients with the best natural-looking results.
- Face procedures: endoscopic face lifting with minimal scars, blepharoplasty, otoplasty
- Body contouring after massive weight loss surgeries for face and body
- Breast surgeries: augmentation, lifting, reduction
- Non-invasive procedures such as non-surgical face lifting with threads, fillers, Facial Aesthetics and thermage
- Physician and Surgeon, Colombia
- Plastic Surgeon, Colombia
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Specialist Plastic Surgeon Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Emirates Plastic Surgery Society
- Emirates Medical Association
- International Plastic Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery Society
- Colombian Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Society
- International Confederation of Plastic Surgery Societies (ICOPLAST)
- Colombian Society of Plastic, Maxillofacial and Hand Surgery