Gopika Govindan is a highly skilled Clinical Psychologist licensed by the Dubai Health Authority, British Psychological Society and the Rehabilitation Council of India. Gopika completed her MSc in Clinical and Abnormal Psychology from Swansea University, UK, and holds an MPhil in clinical psychology from Manipal University, India. She is also a certified neuro-cognitive trainer by Brain rx, USA and was it’s asst. programme director, prior to joining novomed. In addition, she holds certificates in dance movement therapy, psychological counselling and neuro-linguistic programming. She began her career in 2009 with the NHS, UK at the Cefn Coed Hospital in Swansea, delivering assessments and psychotherapy services for adults with psychiatric conditions.
Throughout her diverse career, Gopika gained a lot of experience having worked in clinical, educational, and organizational sectors with children and adults by implementing one on one psychological intervention to a range of clientele.. She has authored papers and gets involved in community programs whenever she can. She has been an active volunteer of the covid-19 mental health task force project launched by the Dubai Health Authority, providing psychological first aid and crisis interventions for those psychologically affected by the pandemic.
Gopika uses an eclectic approach to her clinical practice, that is tailored to suit each individual’s specific needs. She is committed to guiding her clients through their journey of self discovery and healing.
Gopika focuses on:
- Diagnosing psychological and psychiatric conditions in children, adolescents, and adults
- Relationship difficulties
- Grief Counseling
- Administering psychometric assessments (diagnostic, cognitive, personality, psycho-educational and neuropsychology) to identify neurological and psychiatric conditions
- Conducting psychotherapeutic intervention for children with ADHD, conduct disorders, learning disability, and autism
- Assisting adolescents and young adults with special needs, behavioral and emotional disturbances
- Providing counseling to individuals experiencing relationship issues, occupational stress, workplace bullying, etc
- Helping individuals with depression, anxiety, OCD, phobias, eating disorders, substance abuse, pain disorders, schizophrenia, personality disorders, impulse control disorders
Gopika speaks English, Hindi & Urdu
– Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – Solution Focused Therapy
– Habit Reversal Therapy – Single Session Brief Therapy
– Dialectical Behaviour Therapy – Marital Therapy
– Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – Mindfulness, Family Counselling and Creative Arts Therapy
– Motivational Interviewing