Mr. David Ralph is a British world-renowned and leading consultant in the field of andrology and urology with over 25 years of experience. He graduated from St Bartholomew’s Medical School and trained in Urology at Leeds and the Institute of Urology in London. Mr. David Ralph specializes in erectile dysfunction, penile reconstruction, Peyronie’s disease, penile cancer, and male infertility.
Mr. David Ralph has a wide interest in all aspects of sexual medicine and is keen to lead research programmes with Ph.D. and MD fellows. He has written many chapters on Peyronie’s disease and the surgical and medical management of erectile dysfunction. Moreover, he is the biggest implanter of penile prostheses in the UK with two clinical fellowship programmes to teach on this.
Mr. David Ralph is an accomplished microsurgeon who established and teaches on the Royal College of Surgeons Microsurgery for the Andrologists course. In clinical practice, his microsurgery skills are of particular benefit to men requiring surgery for fertility problems or vasectomy reversal.
Mr. David Ralph has previously been President of the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) section of Andrology and British Society for Sexual Medicine (BSSM). He is currently President of the European Society for Sexual Medicine and has organized their annual congress in London in 2004. He is heavily involved in the patient organization of the Sexual Dysfunction Association (SDA) in the UK.
Research and publications
Mr. David Ralph is heavily involved in post-graduate training, running live surgery courses, and lecturing both at the European School of Urology and the American Association of Urology.
Moreover, he has done extensive research on various aspects of urology and andrology, including:
- Peyronie’s disease
- Penile reconstruction
- Erectile dysfunction
- Penile prostheses
- Male infertility
- Genital microsurgery
- Adolescent genital pathology
As for publications, Mr. David Ralph has cooperated with other specialists and professionals, and they produced many publications relevant to his field, including the following to name but a few:
- The Nesbit procedure for Peyronie’s disease.
- UK management guidelines for erectile dysfunction.
- Fertility preservation in children–scientific advances, research dilemmas, and ethics of consent.
- The management of Peyronie’s Disease.
- What surgical resection margins are required to achieve oncological control in men with primary penile cancer?
- Reconstructive surgery in penile trauma and cancer.
- The management of genital lymphoedema.
- Total phallic reconstruction after penile amputation for carcinoma.
- The management of Peyronie’s disease: evidence-based 2010 guidelines.
- The Immediate Insertion of a Penile Prosthesis for Acute Ischaemic Priapism.
- Brantley Scott Award for Prosthetic Urology
- British Society for Sexual Medicine Career Award