The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery states that tattoos are no longer considered as irreversible designs or marks on the skin. Unwanted tattoos can be removed with the help of various safe and effective techniques.
If you have been contemplating the idea of removing your tattoo, then you should keep in mind the fact that lasers have predominantly replaced other methods of removing tattoos.
Since laser technology has recently advanced by a great deal, the following is possible now:
- Ink colors that used to be difficult to remove can now be treated.
- Fewer treatments are required to remove tattoo ink.
- Tattoos can be removed safely and effectively.
As much as technology has progressed, the results will still depend on the individual that will be carrying out the treatment. Therefore to achieve optimum results, it is advisable to consult with a certified healthcare professional that has the required expertise and relevant experience.
Reasons to opt for this treatment:
- Allergic reactions.
- A requirement as per employment standards.
- Second thoughts or regrets about getting a tattoo.
- Removing one tattoo to exchange it with another one.
- Q-switched laser: This is the only type of laser that is capable of penetrating the dermis layer and gets rid of the ink without causing any damage to the skin tissue around the treated area. It is considered to be unique as it uses an intense pulse of light energy which is very brief and extremely powerful. When the ink absorbs the light from the laser, it immediately breaks down into much smaller pieces. Once the treatment is complete then the shattered ink will be eradicated from the patient’s body with the help of the natural immune process. During each session, more ink is targeted and broken down. The treatment is repeated until the entire tattoo has been fully erased. The results are known to be excellent, the laser also has impressive predictability, and it is very safe.
- RevLite laser: It gives out short pulse widths of energy that are rapid. It restricts the skin’s exposure to heat, thereby making the treatment fast and safe. Through the short pulses of energy issued by the laser, the targeted ink is shattered. Recurring sessions are needed to help remove the tattoo completely. The number of appointments will vary depending on the size of the tattoo, the type of ink that was used, and the time frame between each appointment.
Are there any possible side effects?
It is possible in some cases to develop light or dark spots on the skin post-treatment. However, these spots usually disappear between 6 to 12 months. It is very rare for other side effects to occur if the treatment has been performed by a skin expert such as a dermatologist or laser specialist.
On the other hand, if an individual that does not have the appropriate medical training attempts to carry out the treatment, then the following side effects are highly likely:
- Scarring, burns, or other types of wounds.
- Changes to the texture of the skin.
- Some of the ink might still be visible even after the entire treatment is complete.
Does it hurt?
The treatment might feel uncomfortable or even painful to a certain extent. Before the treatment, you will be provided with a numbing cream or shot to help avoid any feelings of pain or discomfort.
To ensure that you achieve the best results possible as well as lower the chances of any side effects, the following guidelines should be adhered to:
- Commit to all of your sessions for the treatment.
- Abide by the healthcare professional’s instructions in regards to the at-home care that is required.
- Ensure that your skin is protected from UV light (sun, tanning beds, and sunlamps) for 3 months.
Say goodbye to your regrets today, as you have a choice now and can seek help to have your unwanted tattoo removed professionally at Novomed. Take the first step and discuss your treatment options with us online or call 800NOVO for more information. Our team will help connect you with the right skin expert as per your given case.
The Fotona Q switch is one of the most modern devices to get rid of pigmentation and acne scars, as it directs a group of laser beams to the treated site with the aim of reducing skin impurities…. Read More
The RevLite SI is a revolutionary and versatile Q-switched laser that provides safe, fast and effective treatment for pigmented lesions and acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, and colorful tattoos…. Read More