Carbon Peel Facial
What is a carbon peel facial?
The carbon peel facial is a quick and pain-free way to enhance the appearance of your skin. It’s mainly used for individuals who have oily skin, acne, or clogged or large pores. If you’re beginning to see the signs of damage done by the sun on your skin, then this treatment can help rectify the same. Continue reading to learn more about the treatment’s benefits and effectiveness so you can decide if it’s right for you.
What are the benefits of it?
Laser carbon peels exfoliate the skin thoroughly. Also, it plays a part in regards to triggering collagen production. It’s used to treat a variety of skin problems, including:
- Acne scarring.
- Acne pigmentation.
- Wrinkles and fine lines.
- Clogged and enlarged pores.
Chemical peels may also be used to treat these skin conditions, but there are a few differences between the two types of treatments:
- No downtime is required for laser carbon peels.
- The results of carbon peel facials are achieved by the use of heat rather than chemicals.
- A carbon peel tends to cause less redness and discomfort than a chemical peel for individuals that have sensitive skin or skin issues like eczema.
We strongly suggest that you book an appointment with your doctor to discuss this treatment before opting for it. Before proceeding with the session, the medical professional will advise you to avoid using retinol for about a week. During this time, you should also wear sunscreen every day.
It’s a multi-step process that takes about 30 minutes to complete. A standard laser carbon peel will give you the following results:
- A coating of liquid carbon will be applied to your face by the doctor. The carbon will absorb dirt, oil, and dead skin cells.
- The liquid carbon will dry in about ten minutes.
- The doctor will provide you with eye protection to keep your eyes safe from the laser after the carbon has dried.
- On a low-energy setting, an Nd:YAG laser will be passed over your skin. This causes the carbon to heat up and bind to the epidermis.
- You may be advised to skip the heating phase if you have very sensitive skin or dark patches like melasma. The laser also heats the sub-dermal tissue, which in turn increases collagen production and plumps up the fine lines.
- The laser would be used to fragment the liquid carbon into tiny particles at a higher energy setting.
- The carbon, as well as the debris and impurities it holds, will be removed by a smoke evaporator connected to the laser.
- Following the treatment, you can apply a hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen to your skin.
Patients usually notice a difference in their skin right away, with brighter, more radiant skin and smaller pores. You might see mild pinking or reddening of your skin if you have sensitive skin. This normally lasts no more than an hour.
To ensure that adequate aftercare is given, follow these guidelines:
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of a minimum of 30 to your skin.
- Continue to moisturize your skin on a regular basis to help it recover gently.
- Avoid the use of any retinol-containing substances for at least five days.
- For at least one week, refrain from exfoliating or using any abrasive or intrusive skin treatments.
- Use acne-fighting products if you have oily skin to help sustain the results achieved.
- If you have photoaged skin or fine lines, use collagen-boosting products, collagen supplements, or a collagen-boosting diet.
When it comes to oily skin and enlarged pores, laser carbon peels are usually very effective. However, it can take multiple sessions to see visible results if you have serious acne or acne scarring. After one or more carbon peel facials, wrinkles and fine lines can be visibly reduced. Although it does not provide permanent results, you can still maintain the results by opting for follow-up sessions. It can be done every two to three weeks if necessary. Between each session, there is enough time for collagen to regenerate. It’s important to keep in mind that each person’s skin is different. Consult with the doctor to determine how many sessions you can expect to undergo before you begin to see full results.
When the treatment is complete, there should be no side effects other than a mild reddening of the skin and a tingling feeling. It is very important to have it performed by a qualified and experienced medical specialist. This will help keep your skin and eyes safe while still giving you the best outcome possible.
Enhance the overall appearance of your skin today by booking a carbon peel facial. Consult with one of our board-certified dermatologists to find out which treatment will yield the best results for your skin type.