Liposuction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Al Ain
Liposuction, also known as fat removal surgery or liposculpture, is a cosmetic procedure that removes unwanted fatty deposits using a vacuum or cannula, leaving a more defined and contoured shape. It can be performed on both men and women on different parts of the body, including:
- Upper arms
- Inner and outer thighs
- Face, neck, and chin
Liposuction can be performed tocomplement other surgical procedures, such as neck lifts, gynecomastia, and tummy tucks, and it is considered the best technique to remove stubborn fat deposits in specific areas.
Our plastic surgeons at Novomed have carried out thousands of liposuction procedures and will ensure providing you with treatment options that help you achieve your ideal body shape.
Am I a suitable candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction my be a good option for you if:
- You are close to your ideal weight
- You understand that liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure – it’s for removing stubborn pockets of fat
- You are in good general health
- You are committed to a healthy lifestyle
- You couldn’t achieve your ideal body shape and remove stubborn fat with dieting and exercising
- How to prepare for liposuction?
Your journey at Novomed starts with a consultation with one of our expert plastic surgeons; they will review your medical history, discuss your need, explain the procedure in detail and outline its benefits so you can make an informed decision.
After your consultation, our patient coordinator will provide you with detailed information on the preparations needed for the procedure.
What happens during the procedure?
- Liposuction is performed in the hospital as a one-day case or with a one-night stay in some cases. It takes one to two hours to complete and is performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation, depending on the treatment area and the amount of fat that needs to be removed.
- During the procedure, the surgeon makes a small incision in the skin and inserts a thin, hollow tube (cannula) used to break up the fat cells beneath the skin (using high-frequency vibration, laser pulse or water jet) and remove them with a special vacuum or suction device.
- The surgeon will move the suction tube back and forth to loosen and suck out fat in the treatment area.
- The surgeon will be close the incision with stitches at the end of the procedure, and the area will be bandaged and wrapped with a garment to provide support and help reduce swelling.
- After the surgery, you will be moved to the recovery room to monitor your vital signs and ensure that the procedure went well. Once you are ready to go home, the medical staff will provide you with a detailed aftercare plan to support your recovery.
Recovery and aftercare
You may feel a little drowsy because of the anesthesia, and it is common to have some bruising, swelling and minor initial lumpiness to the area. The doctor will prescribe some medications to help control the pain and discomfort and ask you to wear a support garment for two to six weeks after surgery.
The doctor will remove the stitches five to ten days after the procedure, and you may need to take a couple of weeks of work and avoid strenuous activities, depending on the extent of your surgery.
You will notice a difference in your body contour once the swelling and bruising subside, but it may take up to six months to see the full result.
How long does the result of liposuction last?
Fat cells are permanently removed from the treated area during liposuction surgery to create a more defined body shape. The excess fat will not grow back once it has been removed, which means that the results are permanent if you maintain a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet and regular exercising.
To book a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons, call us toll-free on 800 (NOVO) 6686 or click the live chat icon at the bottom of the screen.