Varicose Veins Treatment
Highly Effective Treatments for Varicose Veins
Are varicose veins causing you discomfort and preventing you from wearing your favorite outfits? At Novomed, we offer varicose vein treatment using minimally invasive and clinically proven techniques to provide our patients with the best outcomes.
Varicose veins are swollen veins that appear on the legs and tend to ache and be uncomfortable, as well as causing other symptoms such as swollen feet and ankles. The veins may appear blue, dark purple and often bulging in appearance and can be cosmetically unpleasing.
Varicose veins indicate an underlying problem, namely, a valve failure (venous insufficiency) in the veins that ensure normal blood flow in only one direction; up from your foot to your heart.
Varicose vein treatments at Novomed offer relief to this condition and improve the appearance of your legs. Our vascular surgeons take time to provide an accurate diagnosis of varicose veins and then discuss the suitable treatment approach for you.
The following symptoms are indications that you may be dealing with varicose veins:
· You feel burning, throbbing and/or itching sensations in the legs
· Your legs feel tired
· You experience leg muscle cramps
· Your ankles and/or legs are swollen
Why choose Novomed?
At Novomed, we offer safe and efficient treatments for varicose veins to help you regain your confidence.
Our vein doctors are keen to offer accurate diagnosis using an ultrasound scan leading to a tailored treatment plan that suits the unique needs of each patient.
After your assessment with one of our consultant vascular surgeons, they will discuss the treatment options and procedures recommended for you.
Our procedures are performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthetic; Which means that you can resume your normal activities the day following your treatment.
Varicose Vein Treatments at Novomed
· Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA): This procedure destroys varicose veins using laser heat technology. The heat is sent into the vein through a flexible, thin tube (catheter) that closes off blood flow in the problematic vein. Our Vascular Surgeons are pioneers in this treatment and have provided thousands of patients with satisfactory results.
· Sclerotherapy: This procedure is a quick 30-minute treatment that involves the injection of an irritant, which creates inflammation, pushing blood out of the area, and leading to the varicose vein finally shrinking and disappearing without pain under local anesthetic. Small varicose veins can be resolved with liquid sclerotherapy, and large veins, with foam sclerotherapy.
· Phlebectomy: During this procedure, our vascular surgeon makes tiny incisions to remove the varicose vein with no stitches needed.
· VenaSeal: This treatment uses medical adhesive to close varicose veins and is a suitable option for those looking to avoid any downtime. It is often a lot quicker than the other treatments. Our surgeon will use an ultrasound to guide a small catheter through the affected veins. The VenaSeal tool then dispenses small amounts of medical glue to close the vein.
Benefits of Varicose Veins Treatment
· Pain and discomfort relief in the leg area
· Cost-effective procedure
· Minimal to no downtime
· Improved mobility
· Improved sleep
· Regain lost confidence when showing legs
· Safe procedure with immediate results
Our treatments are minimally invasive, and a typical treatment session usually takes between 30 and 45 minutes.
Most patients report slight discomfort during the procedures as they are performed under local anesthetic. The treatment area may feel numb or tender after the treatment, and the vein may feel sore for a few days after treatment. Any discomfort can be managed using over-the-counter pain medications. The final result of your procedure will not be visible until after the initial swelling caused by the treatment has completely gone. You should then notice a vast improvement.
At Novomed, we are here for you every step of your journey. Before you go home, our surgeon will give you post-operative instructions on what to do and what to avoid doing following your procedure. Also, you will be asked to attend a post-operative appointment with your surgeon.
If you are interested in this treatment, book your appointment by calling toll-free 800 (NOVO) 6686 or click the live chat icon at the bottom of the screen.