Vein treatments by our surgeon include
- Laser (EVLT) and non-laser (Venaseal) to safely, quickly and effectively treat large varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy (liquid and foam): A chemical is injected into the veins with a small needle and seals them.
- Laser treatment for veins: Powerful bursts of light penetrate the skin and target the vein, which will slowly fade and vanish.
Treatment offers solutions for
- Unsightly veins on legs and thighs
- Facial spider veins and large bulging veins
- Unsightly veins on hands and other areas
Predictability Patients typically see the best results from one session or one session per month over 2 months. Of course, the outcome differs from patient to patient and depends on the severity, the number of veins treated and the methods used.
Discomfort during the procedure Minimal.
Downtime This depends on the procedure, usually 2 days of bandaging and a compression stocking.
Restrictions For patients undergoing foam or liquid sclerotherapy, we recommend that you wear thin compression stockings, which will be prescribed by our surgeon, during the recovery period to ensure the optimal outcome of the procedure.
Cost This varies depending on the chosen method and the extent of treatment. In most cases, major insurance companies will cover the cost.
We have a highly skilled and experienced surgeon, Dr Theodoros Lagoudis, who can treat both aesthetic and symptomatic varicose veins in Dubai and Al Ain.
Sclerotherapy is a safe procedure with very few complications. There may be a few temporary side effects following the treatment, which includes bruising and swelling or matting (the formation of fine, closely grouped red blood vessels close to the injection site).