Sleeve Gastrectomy is an irreversible weight loss procedure in which the stomach is divided into two partitions, creating a new stomach out of the smaller left part with laparoscopic surgery or vertical sleeve gastrectomy. The result will be to restrict the stomach capacity, but without affecting its function. In effect, the amount of food that can be eaten at one sitting is limited.
Some advantages of gastric sleeve surgery are that it involves a relatively short hospital stay; it requires no rerouting of the food stream; and it causes favorable changes in gut hormones that suppress hunger, reduce appetite and improve satiety. Our specialists offer gastric sleeve surgery in Dubai and will be able to advise whether this is a good option for you.
How it works
Our surgeon will make several small incisions in your abdomen and perform your surgery using special keyhole, or laparoscopic, instruments. During the procedure, up to three-quarters of the stomach is removed by dividing it, with the new stomach taking the shape of a narrow tube, or sleeve.
- Our premium 2 year aftercare service is free of charge
- Unlimited access to your own specialist weight-loss support team which includes your bariatric surgeon, dietitians,
- Psychotherapist pre and post operative support
- Specialist Nurses
- Unlimited Pre and Post operative Care
- Post surgery diet advice
- Regular weight checks to keep you on track
- 2/5years advice and support to help with weight loss and to also help maintain weight loss achieved
- Emergency 24/7 telephone helpline
- Personal virtual trainer to help you back to fitness
For more information on Gastric Sleeve surgery in Dubai please contact us today.