What is vaginal/anal bleaching?
It is a cosmetic, laser treatment that takes approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. The vaginal/anal area is targeted by laser beams. The purpose of it is to help lighten the skin tone around the patient’s genital region. Many different factors play a part in darkening the genital area, such as:
- Excessive pigment.
- Hormonal changes.
- Bacterial infection.
A lot of women tend to feel embarrassed about having a darker skin tone around their private area. The skin in the vaginal and anal areas are extremely sensitive and require treatment by a skilled medical professional.
Are you the right candidate?
To determine if you should go ahead with this treatment, we suggest booking a consultation with one of our healthcare experts. However, an individual is usually considered as a suitable candidate if the person has one or more of the following issues:
- Unhappy with the appearance of their intimate areas.
- Suffer from hormonal discoloration.
- Lack of confidence because of the dark skin in the genital area.
- Discoloration as a result of aging.
- An ideal candidate for this treatment is someone who:
- Is in a good emotional and physical state of health.
- Has realistic expectations about the results.
- Does not have genital warts, lupus, herpes, or psoriasis or other conditions.
These steps play a vital role in achieving the best results possible:
- No waxing.
- Avoid hair removal creams.
- Stop using bleaching creams.
- The area that is going to be treated should be well hydrated.
- One week before the treatment, you should start to apply an antibacterial lotion as per the instructions provided by your healthcare provider.
There will be around 3 to 5 recurring appointments based on the individual’s case and depending on how light the patient would like the treated area to be. The treatment includes the following:
- Firstly, the treatment areas will be disinfected.
- To help reduce any possible discomfort or pain, local anesthesia is administered with the help of micro-injections.
- The FemiLift laser will be placed close to the surface of the targeted area.
- Laser beams are emitted from the device and the melanin is targeted accordingly.
- A cooling cream will be applied to the skin after the treatment is complete to help relieve the area.
Post-treatment guidelines and results:
To help maintain the results achieved, you should follow the guidelines listed below:
- Stay hydrated.
- Good hygiene must be practiced and the treated area should be kept clean to aid towards a full recovery.
- As per the practitioner’s advice you should wear the recommended underwear.
- Try to only wear cotton or silk and avoid any uncomfortable materials.
- Ensure that the area is kept dry for the first couple of days after the treatment: 2 to 4 days.
- Take the prescribed antibiotics as recommended by your doctor.
- Regular application of topical medication is needed.
- Strenuous physical activities should be avoided for at least 10 days post-treatment.
- If you happen to start experiencing any kind of discomfort then you should contact your healthcare provider.
The results of the treatment tend to differ from one individual to another. On the plus side, the results achieved are permanent.
Book a consultation session:
You do not need to suffer in silence or be self-conscious about the dark skin around your genital area. Instead, you can look into the available treatment options at Novomed. Our team is always more than happy to address your concerns or questions about your skin condition and the treatment. To book a consultation session with one of our skin experts, chat with us online or fill in the form.