What is Mesotherapy?
According to the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive cosmetic dermatology treatment. It is a technique that helps rejuvenate and tighten the skin as well as extract any extra fat through the use of injections that consist of the following:
- Plant extracts.
- Vitamins and minerals.
- Prescription medications.
- Fine needles are used to distribute the required micro-injections to the mesoderm (middle) layer of the skin. The main purpose of the treatment is to help correct any underlying problems that can potentially cause skin damage, such as inflammation or poor circulation.
What is the treatment used for?
- Decreases stretch marks and cellulite.
- Treats alopecia (a form of hair loss).
- Tightens saggy skin.
- Extracts any extra stubborn fat.
- Reduces lines and wrinkles.
- Reduces scarring and acne.
- Lightens pigmented skin.
- Recontours the body.
- Improves the overall appearance of the skin by making it tighter and more radiant.
What happens during the session?
After the numbing medication is applied to the skin, then the series of injections will commence. The micro-injections are delivered with the help of a specific device. Depending on what the patient needs treatment for – The depth of the injection will differ accordingly. It usually ranges between 1 to 4 millimeters into the skin. Only a small amount of the solution will be placed into the skin with the help of each injection.
Recurring sessions will be scheduled to help the patient achieve the best possible results. The healthcare provider will inform the patient about how many follow-up sessions they will need as per the given case.
Are there any side effects?
At Novomed, we uphold transparency in the highest regard, therefore we are open about the possibility of the following side effects occurring post-treatment:
- Slight redness, swelling, nausea, discomfort, itching, sensitivity, and bruising.
- It is also possible to have a rash, infection, dark patches of skin and bumps on the treated area.
However, it is worth remembering that the risks are minimal when you undergo the treatment with a highly trained and experienced dermatologist or beauty therapist. It is extremely important to inform your doctor of any allergies you may have before the treatment takes place. Therefore, the best course of action would be to have an open and honest discussion with your healthcare professional so that they can advise you accordingly.
What are the benefits?
The treatment has plenty of benefits, such as the following:
- Minimally invasive.
- Minimal or no pain.
- Non-surgical approach.
- No downtime required.
- Treats all skin types.
- Immediately improves and rejuvenates tired-looking and dull skin.
- Combats signs of aging.
- Improves sluggish blood circulation.
- Helps reduce lines and wrinkles.
- Delivers the required nutrients to the hair.
- Improves hormone imbalances in and around the hair follicle area.
- Addresses pigmentation issues.
For people that are suffering from various skin conditions and hair loss, Mesotherapy can be considered as a possible treatment option. It is safe and effective when carried out by a certified healthcare provider. Our team of dermatologists and beauty therapists is all highly experienced. Call us on 800NOVO to book an appointment or send an inquiry. Alternatively, you can chat with us online to learn more about the various services we offer.