Breast Lift (Mastopexy) in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain
Do you have sagging or droopy breasts that affect your self-esteem and body image? It is common for breasts to deteriorate in size, shape and feel because of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or gravity.
Breast lift surgery, also known as mastopexy, is a great way to get fuller-looking breasts, correct their positioning on your body and regain your body confidence. This surgery reshapes the breasts by removing excess skin, tightening breast tissue, and repositioning the areola.
At Novomed, we have a team of world-renowned plastic surgeons in the UAE who can help you improve the shape and size of your breasts and create a more youthful, uplifted appearance. They will provide you with the highest level of care and provide you with the best result by using state-of-the-art equipment and the most advanced, minimally invasive techniques.
What are the benefits of breast lift surgery?
- Uplifts breasts and makes them perkier
- Reduces symptoms associated with droopy breasts, such as rash or infections
- Reshapes and repositions the areola and makes it more aesthetically pleasing
- Boosts self-confidence
- Allows you to wear dresses without the need to wear a bra
Am I a suitable candidate for this surgery?
This cosmetic procedure may be a good option for you if:
- You are over the age of 18
- You have realistic expectations about what can be achieved with the surgery
- You have a stable weight
- You are in a good physical and mental condition
- Your breasts have lost their firmness, making it difficult to wear clothes without the support of a bra.
- Your breast became flatter after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Your breasts look deflated with a lot of loose skin after massive weight loss.
- Your skin has lost its elasticity, making your breasts look saggy.
- You want to increase the size and volume of your breasts.
- You want to improve breast and nipple symmetry.
- You want to achieve a firmer, more youthful appearance.
During your consultation, our plastic surgeon will review your medical history, examine your breasts, discuss your options, explain the risks of the surgery and make sure that you have realistic goals and expectations from the breast lift procedure.
We offer different types of breast lift techniques to provide you with the optimal result.
- Anchor lift. It involves making an inverted “T” shaped incision from around the areola down the breast crease.
- Crescent lift. During this minimally invasive technique, the surgeon makes a crescent-shaped incision at the top of the nipple to perform the breast lift procedure.
- Periareolar lift. In this technique, the surgeon makes a doughnut-shaped incision to remove the tissue around the areola.
- Lollipop lift. This technique involves making a vertical incision that travels downward from the areola line.
What happens during the surgery?
Breast lift is performed under general anesthesia and takes about two hours to complete.
First, the surgeon will make an incision, according to the chosen technique, to remove excess skin, reshape the breast tissue and lift the nipple to a higher position. The surgeon may also reduce the size of the areola to suit your new breast size and shape.
If you have decided to have a breast augmentation or breast reduction while having a breast lift to achieve the desired look, the procedure may take longer to combine these surgeries.
After finishing the procedure, your surgeon will close the incisions with sutures and wrap your breasts in a supportive garment or a special bra to stop the weight of your breasts from pulling on your healing wounds.
What happens after the surgery?
After your surgery, you will be taken to the recovery room to rest until the anesthetic wears off. The doctor will give you pain medication to reduce any discomfort you have. You may have draining tubes placed near your incision to drain excess fluid and will be removed when the fluid or blood stops draining, usually before going home.
Before you go home, the surgeon will give you some advice on wound care and what to do if you face any problems. They will also give you instructions on how to shower, care for your breast and what to do and avoid doing during your recovery.
You will need to ask a friend or family member to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours after your surgery.
Recovery after breast lift surgery
Your breasts will feel very firm and swollen and look discolored immediately after the procedure. If you feel any pain or discomfort, you can take over-the-counter pain medications.
You will need to take two to three weeks off your work after breast lift surgery and avoid lifting heavy objects for several weeks and intercourse for two weeks. You will be able to do some light exercising and activities after two weeks and go back to your normal activities by six weeks.
Contact your surgeon or GP if:
- your wound is painful
- the area around your wound feels hot and swollen
- your wound looks red or starts to form pus
- you have a high temperature
Soluble stitches will dissolve in the few days following your surgery. If you have non-dissolvable stitches, they will be removed 10 to 14 days after surgery.
When will I see the result of the surgery?
The result of your breast lift surgery will improve gradually over the first six months and will become softer and more youthful, natural-looking. The result of breast lift surgery can be long-lasting if you adopt a healthy lifestyle.
If you are interested in this cosmetic procedure, call us toll-free on 800 (NOVO) 6686 or click the live chat icon at the bottom of the screen.