Chin Implants (Genioplasty) in Dubai
A weak chin is a jawline that is relatively small in proportion to the rest of the face. A weak, under-projecting chin that slopes towards the neck can cause asymmetrical imbalances across the face. It’s more likely to cause the appearance of a double chin and turkey chin that hangs from the jawline than a strong, defined chin.
A chin augmentation surgery, also known as chin enhancement or genioplasty, is a surgical procedure in which an implant is inserted in your chin to increase its size and achieve a natural and balanced appearance.
At Novomed, our team of experienced plastic surgeons will help you change the shape of your chins whether you want to undergo this surgery for cosmetic reasons or to correct a birth defect or damage following a trauma or an accident.
What are the benefits of this procedure?
- Chin implants can be customized to fit your unique facial features, and they allow you to reshape your chin in the desired way.
- Chin implants are designed to look and feel natural, and the skill of our plastic surgeon will ensure that they blend perfectly with your face.
- This procedure improves the balance of the face with the forehead, nose, and chin.
- Chin augmentation can boost self-confidence in patients whose chin is small in proportion to the other facial features.
- The best part about this procedure is that chin implants provide long-lasting facial enhancement.
- Chin augmentation can be performed as a stand-alone procedure or combined with other surgeries, such as rhinoplasty, neck liposuction, and face and neck lift.
Am I a suitable candidate for chin augmentation?
A suitable candidate for this procedure is someone with a weak or receding chin. During your consultation, our plastic surgeon will review your medical history, discuss your concerns and goals, and determine whether you are suitable for this procedure. We will provide you with all the information you need before, during, and after your surgery.
If this surgery is not suitable for you, a non-surgical option may be recommended, such as fat transfer or filler injections. These options provide subtle improvement in the shape of the chin and require repeated treatments to maintain the result.
What happens during the procedure?
Chin augmentation is performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthetic and takes about 1-3 hours to complete, depending on the complexity of the surgery.
First, you will have x-rays taken of your face and chin to help the plastic surgeon identify what part of the chin to operate on. During the surgery, the surgeon makes a small incision inside the mouth or under the chin to create a pocket in front of the chin bone and under the muscles to insert the implant. The surgeon will attach the implant to the bone with sutures or screws and close the incision with sutures.
After the surgery, a support garment is fitted on the face to help control swelling, and it should be worn day and night for the first week.
After the surgery
Minimal pain and discomfort are expected after the surgery and will resolve in 3-5 days. You can resume your usual activities after one week, but you should avoid strenuous activities for six weeks.
There will be minimal scarring after the surgery, but it will be hidden if the incision was made inside the mouth.
When will I see the results?
Swelling and bruising after the surgery may take up to 8 weeks to subside, after which you will be able to see the natural-looking result.
To book a consultation, call us-toll free on 800 (NOVO) 6686 or click the live chat icon at the bottom of the screen.