Why Choose Our Clinic for Tummy Tuck in Abu Dhabi?
- Experienced and qualified surgeons
- Latest technology and equipment
- Safe and comfortable environment
- Personalized care and attention
Benefits of Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Remove excess skin and fat
- Tighten abdominal muscles
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks
- Boost self-confidence
Abdominoplasty, also called a tummy tuck, is a cosmetic surgery to improve the shape and appearance of the stomach by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the muscles. You could need a tummy tuck if you have sagging skin after significant weight loss, sagging skin and muscles following pregnancy, and scars on your abdomen from a previous procedure. A tummy tuck can also be combined with liposuction to help contour and reshape your stomach. However, tummy tucks are not a replacement for healthy weight loss or an effective fitness regimen. Additionally, stretch marks cannot be erased or significantly improved by tummy tuck procedures unless they are on the areas of excess skin that will be removed.
Am I a suitable candidate for the procedure?
You may be a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck if you do not smoke, are in good physical shape, and have a stable weight. Women who may be considering future pregnancies or people who aim to lose a lot of weight may be recommended to put off surgery because significant changes in your weight can reduce the effectiveness of your results.
How to prepare for a tummy tuck, and what does it involve?
During your consultation, the plastic surgeon will review your medical history, ask about your current medications, and examine your abdomen. You will need to refrain from smoking for six weeks before surgery. You will also need to avoid eating or drinking for a few hours before the procedure and arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure.
Tummy tucks are usually performed under general anesthesia. Depending on the type of abdominoplasty you will have, surgery could last from one to five hours. You can choose between a complete or partial abdominoplasty after consulting with our plastic surgeon.
- Complete abdominoplasty: In this type of abdominoplasty, the plastic surgeon makes an incision from one hip to the other, and excess skin and fat are removed to get a flat, contoured abdomen. The skin is then tightened over these areas and stitched, revealing the abdominal muscles in a more visually pleasing manner.
- Partial abdominoplasty: During a partial abdominoplasty, a smaller amount of skin is taken from the area around the lower abdomen, leaving behind a smaller scar. The fat and tissue are removed through an incision made right above the pubic area. Dissolvable stitches are used to close the incision after the excess tissue and fat have been removed.
What to expect after the procedure?
You may have drainage tubes under your skin to get rid of any excess fluid, which will be removed by the doctor in the following weeks. Moreover, you may experience some pain and swelling after the procedure, but these side effects should go away after a few days. The doctor will prescribe medication that will help alleviate any discomfort. They will also provide aftercare instructions, such as refraining from strenuous activities for four to six weeks and wearing a support garment for at least four weeks following surgery.
The scars resulting from a tummy tuck will start to disappear and more closely resemble your natural skin tone. Patients with weak abdominal muscles or extra skin can achieve good outcomes from an abdominoplasty, whether it is partial or total. As long as the patient maintains a healthy diet and exercises frequently, the results of a tummy tuck are long-lasting.
Schedule your appointment at Novomed today!
If you want to know more about tummy tucks, call toll-free 800 (NOVO) 6686 or complete the online booking form to schedule an appointment at our clinic in Abu Dhabi.