Novomed Cardiology Clinic in Dubai
State-of-the-art cardiac care from the best cardiologists in the region
At Novomed Cardiology Clinic, our consultant and specialist cardiologists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart disorders, with a focus on providing comprehensive care for all patients. Our cardiology team manages the full range of cardiology conditions and is highly trained in providing accurate diagnoses and the best science-based treatments for heart disorders.
Our specialist cardiologists can develop personalized treatment plans for patients with cardiovascular conditions, such as arrhythmia, coronary artery disease, problems related to valves, congestive heart failure and others. They also help patients to minimize, manage, or eradicate factors that put them at risk for heart diseases like high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Cardiac Care at Novomed
We aim to place Novomed at the heart of Dubai’s cardiac care.
As with all Novomed Specialized Clinics’ services, our cardiologists take a patient-centered approach and work with their patients to ensure that they understand the various tests and procedures they undergo. Whether they aim to prevent or manage a heart condition, they will create an appropriate, personalized program for each patient.
Trained in some of the leading cardiac hospitals and with years of experience in all branches of cardiovascular medicine, our cardiologists are committed to providing you with the best services during your assessment and treatment.
Cardiac Screening Tests
Routine screening tests are recommended for people at high risk of developing heart disease. This includes patients who have high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, or diabetes, as well as those who are obese, smoke or have a familial history of heart problems.
At Novomed Cardiology Clinic in Dubai, we offer a range of screening tests that include:
- CT angiogram. We perform this quick and painless test using the latest CT scanner to capture precise pictures while exposing you to the least radiation possible.
- Lipid profiling. We use a panel of blood tests to measure the levels of cholesterol and triglyceride in the blood. High levels of total cholesterol correlate with an increased risk of developing heart disease, as the cholesterol will form fatty deposits on the artery walls, hindering blood flow.
- Fasting blood sugar. Sugar levels in the blood are measured after an overnight fast. Excess sugars can accumulate on the blood vessel walls, causing hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), which increases the risk of serious cardiac events occurring.
- Thyroid function. Hypothyroidism (reduced activity of the thyroid gland) can cause a rise in cholesterol levels, hardening of the artery walls and an increase in fluid around the heart.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG). This test aims to assess the electrical activity of the heart. This test will provide information on the overall health of the heart by assessing structure and function. It can detect previous and current heart attacks.
- Exercise stress test. In this test, the patient will be asked to walk or run on a treadmill, whilst undergoing an ECG. As the heart will be working harder it will require an increase in oxygen, thus should pump more blood. The test will identify any shortfalls in blood supply.
Screening tests can save lives, and early detection means a comprehensive screening and monitoring plan can be instigated and the chances of a serious medical problem in the future are reduced.
If you have any concerns, make an appointment with our experienced Cardiologist in Dubai by calling toll-free 800 (NOVO) 6686 or fill the booking form below.