What is the Gentlemax Pro laser?
The Gentlemax Pro is an FDA-approved innovative piece of technology that sets the gold standard for laser hair removal. This machine combines two lasers, Candela Alexandrite laser for light skin and Candela Nd: YAG for dark skin.
At Novomed, we have opted for this US-manufactured brand over others based on the results we have witnessed and our clients’ experience and feedback.
The Gentlemax Pro is not only capable of removing unwanted body hair, but this versatile machine can also help many people treat their skin concerns, such as:
- Skin rejuvenation
- Skin tightening
- Leg veins
- Facial redness, broken blood vessels and spider veins
- Sunspots and pigmented lesions
What characterizes this revolutionary machine is that it can treat people of all hair and skin types.
How does the Gentlemax pro laser work?
When using this machine for hair removal, it works by targeting the hair follicles with the light from Candela laser, which stops them from growing permanently.
This device causes no pain during the treatment thanks to its cryogenic super cooling spray, which reduces the risk of getting hyper pigmentation that might be experienced from other machines.
Thanks to its dual laser technology, the Gentlemax Pro laser can get to the fine hairs that would usually be missed by traditional hair removal equipment. This means you can remove hair on your face, neck, underarms, and bikini line effectively.
Typically, permanent hair removal requires from four to six treatments, but some patients require more.
What should be done before the laser hair removal session?
The following steps are necessary before the laser hair removal session:
- Shave the hair from the treated area 24 hours before the session
- Avoid applying make-up, moisturizers or perfumes on the day designated for hair removal
- Avoid exposure to the sun 3 days before the session
- Refrain from using tanning products at least two weeks before the session
- Reduce alcohol consumption 24 hours before treatment
What to do after a laser hair removal session?
Skin care after treatment is essential to ensure the desired results. It is recommended to adhere to the instructions of the specialist or the attending physician. Among the steps to follow:
- Clean the skin with mild soap and dry it by patting it with a clean, soft towel.
- Avoid applying makeup, moisturizing or perfumed creams on the skin for two days
- Exfoliate the skin to help hair fall out faster
- Avoid exposure to the sun for 3 days after the session.
- Avoid rubbing the skin after the session
What are the post-session symptoms?
After a laser hair removal session, some redness and slight swelling may be observed in the treated area, but these symptoms quickly disappear after only a few hours. The burning sensation can last for few hours as well, but it disappears without leaving any scars on the skin.
At Novomed centers, we are keen to provide the best treatments using the latest and safest technologies to ensure providing you with the best result possible.