Do not ignore these signs on your feet:
- Painful red or purple lesions on toes
- Rashes on toes
While these symptoms are uncommon, lesions on the toes and other rashes have been associated with the coronavirus more than other viral infections.
Patients who experience symptoms of swollen toes or red and purple lesions should consult a Podiatrist to rule out other possible causes.
It is not uncommon to have a viral infection and develop lesions or a rash.
Some of these symptoms are not new in the realm of viral infections.
Experts say that running into an emergency room may pose risk to being exposed to the Coronavirus, or can expose others if they are infected.
Care and Services
We will provide a number of services based on each patient’s individual need. Our physician-led team consists of pulmonologist (breathing specialist), sleep specialist, physiatrists and psychologist, physical therapists, speech language therapist and naturopathic therapist
All services can be provided online Via Tele Health based on patient preference
- Patients will have an initial online consultation with the specialist to assess the problem (will be advised if needed to visit the clinic)
- Physical therapists will conduct virtual video evaluations and design an individualized, home-based exercise program to address the patient’s musculoskeletal, and neurologic impairments.
- Speech language specialist will be offered via virtual video sessions to provide assistance with swallowing and cognitive impairments.
- Translator services are available for non-English speaking patients.