Novomed offers circumcision in Dubai for adults. Circumcision refers to the removal of the foreskin, or prepuce, that covers the glans penis (head of the penis).
Circumcision surgery on babies is fairly straightforward and commonplace – whether for religious, medical or personal-choice reasons. However, the procedure in adults is less frequent, and more complicated in terms of surgical accuracy and skill required to achieve optimal patient results. Recovery time varies too. in adults it takes around an hour and we perform it under general anesthesia, recovery can take two to three weeks.
Why be Circumcised as an adult?
- Elective circumcision: whether for religious, cosmetic or personal reasons.
- To treat phimosis: the inability to retract the foreskin can lead to poor hygiene or interfere with urination.
- Diabetics suffering recurrent infections are often advised to have a circumcision.
- To prevent or treat infection (balanitis or posthitis) of the head of the penis or foreskin.
- To correct a problem with the frenulum that is causing discomfort during intercourse. The frenulum is the tissue on the undersurface of the penis and runs from the shaft to the head. In some men it can be tight or too short, causing a pulling sensation during intercourse.
What to expect from the surgery?
Circumcision will not change the size or length of penis, as the foreskin does not interfere with the stretching of the penis during erections. The surgery does change the appearance of the penis, as it looks smoother, and makes it easier to clean.
Benefits of Circumcision
Circumcision has several potential benefits, including the prevention of penile cancer, urinary tract infections, and sexually transmitted diseases and infections such as HIV, balanitis and phimosis.
Book your appointment at Novomed today!
For more information about Circumcision in Dubai or to book an appointment with one of our expert urologists, call us toll-free on 800 (NOVO) 6686 or click the live chat icon at the bottom of the screen.