Because it’s important to pay attention to foot health to maintain the mobility and quality of life, Novomed has a dedicated podiatry clinic that provides comprehensive screening, diagnosis and treatment for various foot, ankle and lower extremity disorders. Our podiatrists have a long and extensive experience in the prevention and treatment of medical and surgical conditions affecting the feet and lower limbs, including bone disorders, diabetic wounds and neurological and circulatory diseases. They use advanced equipment and techniques to detect any underlying problems and provide optimal treatment.
Our diabetic foot care services are aimed at the following:
Early detection and treatment of diabetic wounds, which is proven to be the most successful way to avoid prolonged hospitalization, surgeries, and amputations. This includes smartphone-based monitoring that transmits biometric information to our doctors
Aggressively treating newly developed wounds according to established international protocols and using advanced therapies as appropriate
Offering the most-effective, least-invasive treatments available. In addition to normal foot protocols, topical wound oxygen therapy has shown excellent results in treating non-healing wounds and deep ulcers. In the event a patient has reached a stage requiring surgery, we ensure optimal care from an experienced multidisciplinary team
Management plans for prevention of new lesions and complications including diabetes management, optimal self-foot care and daily hygiene, appropriate footwear, regular foot examinations and treatment, and patient education.
We provide a wide range of medical foot care services which includes the following:
- The treatment of fractures, sprains and sports injuries which affect feet and ankles.
- The treatment of nail disorders, including fungal toenail, ingrown toenail and discoloured toenail.
- The treatment of foot skin problems, including scaling, peeling, and cracks on the skin of soles and heels
- The treatment of arthritis which occurs as a result of an inflammation, swelling or the wear and tear of the joints.
- The treatment of foot pain resulting from verrucae, blisters, gout, bunions, corns and calluses.