Dr Omar Awija is a consultant orthopedic at Novomed with over 30 years of experience in France, Syria and the UAE. He graduated in medicine in 1979 and undertook his postgraduate studies in France at Montpellier University and Nancy University. Dr Omar co-founded Al-Shahba Hospital and Al-Shamal Hospital in Syria and has worked as a resident doctor and orthopedic surgeon in many French hospitals, including General Hospital of Albi, General Hospital of Tarbe and General Hospital of Troyes.
Dr Omar has a long history of performing surgeries with an average of 40-50 surgery per month, including arthroscopy of the knee joint, hip joint replacement and revision, knee joint replacement and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, and trauma or surgical fractures.
- Fractures of the neck
- Femur treatment
- High Tibial osteotomy
- Long bone fractures treatment
- Joint and hip replacement
- Deformity correction surgery using llizarov method
- Knee arthroscopy
- Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon – France
- Bachelor of Orthopedic Surgery from Nancy University, France
- Bachelor of arthroscopic knee surgery from Nancy University, France
- Bachelor of Podology (Foot Treatment), France.
- membership in the French Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- President of the Syrian Association of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
View this post on Instagram