Facelift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic procedure to reverse the signs of aging and produce a younger, smoother, and more vibrant appearance on the face. Injectables and non-invasive treatments, including Botox, fillers, and thread lift, often cannot produce the desired results for treating facial aging when skin sagging is too excessive. Thus, Our western-trained plastic surgeons use minimally-invasive facelift techniques to help you restore the tight, youthful contours of your face and neck and help you look as young as you feel on the inside.
Our plastic surgeons use the most advanced facelift techniques to tighten and remodel facial skin and tissue with minimal scarring and reduced downtime. They will address loose, sagging skin to reverse aging around the eyes, mouth, and jawline through small incisions hidden in the hairline.
What are the benefits of this surgery?
- Improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Targets multiple signs of aging in one procedure, including sagging skin around midface and jawline, deep creases that extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds), lines that extend from the corners of the mouth to the chin (marionette lines), and jowls or a double chin.
- Can be combined with other cosmetic procedures.
- Doesn’t leave visible scars.
- Provides natural-looking and long-lasting results.
- Improves self-confidence
What are the different facelift techniques?
Our plastic surgeons will discuss your treatment goals and examine your face to tailor the facelift to your facial structure and effectively treat the signs of aging affecting it. They will decide the appropriate technique you receive based on the extent of skin sagging and your personal preferences.
- Traditional facelift. In this procedure, the surgeon makes few incisions at the front of the ears and extend up behind the ears within the hairline to keep them hidden. After that, they will gently lift the skin, reposition excess fat and tighten the facial muscles to restore a younger facial structure. After creating the desired smooth contours, the surgeon will remove excess skin and close the incision with fine sutures leaving no visible scarring.
- MACS surgery. MACS (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) surgery involves making smaller incisions than the traditional facelift and are made at the front of the ear and only extend to the back of the earlobe. The surgeon will tighten the facial muscles and remove excess skin using these small surgical incisions. This minimal access surgery is an excellent option for candidates who have earlier stages of facial ageing and still retain a degree of healthy skin laxity.
- Keyhole surgery. This advanced surgical technique requires making tiny incisions in the skin to insert surgical tools and an endoscope, which will display a live image feed on a monitor. This endoscope guides the surgeon to tighten the facial muscles and remove fat deposits as needed while minimizing the strain on the facial tissues. The most notable advantage of this technique is that it reduces recovery time significantly and leaves little-to-no scarring. Keyhole surgery is effective for brow lifts and upper facelifts.
Am I a suitable candidate for this procedure?
Ageing affects us all differently, and you deserve to find the anti-ageing solution that is most appropriate for you. Consult with one of our board-certified surgeons to determine wither the lifting procedure is suitable for you or are a better candidate for a non-surgical rejuvenation option and help you achieve the desired results!
A facelift surgery may be a suitable choice if you:
- Want to look younger and healthier
- Want to reduce sagging, drooping skin around your mouth, eyes, or jawline
- Have a tired or aged look
- Have a mild to moderate degree of skin laxity
- Have positive mindset and realistic expectations about what can be achieved through surgery
- Are prepared for downtime and surgery side effects following your facelift
- Have a stable weight and are in good health
- Are a non-smoker
A facelift is particularly effective and long-lasting when patients have a moderate degree of remaining skin laxity. Usually, Patients who receive facelifts are between their early 30s to late 60s.
What happens during the consultation?
At Novomed, we believe in empowering our patients to make informed decisions to help them look and feel their best at all times. Our patients’ health and safety are always our top priority. Thus, we will only recommend a facelift if it is a suitable option for you.
During the consultation, the plastic surgeon will explain the facelift procedure and its benefits and side effects, examine your facial structure, assess your health condition, discuss your current medication and supplement use and answer all your questions. Once you and the surgeon agree on the result that can be achieved with surgery, they will customize the surgery to suit your personal needs and provide you with pre and post surgery instructions.
What happens during surgery?
The plastic surgeon performs the facelift procedure under local or general anesthesia, and it usually takes two to four hours, but it could take longer if other cosmetic procedures, such as a neck lift, are being performed simultaneously.
A facelift involves pulling back a flap of skin on each side of the face and surgically modifying the tissues and muscles below the skin to restore the contour of the face to a more youthful shape. The surgeon then removes excess skin before the flap is sutured closed.
The incision lines following a facelift are well hidden inside the hairline and in the natural contours of the face. The results of a facelift become apparent once the swelling and bruises have subsided.
What to expect during recovery?
If you received traditional facelift surgery, you need to stay in the hospital following the procedure to be monitored as the effects of the general anesthesia subside. The surgeon will wrap your face in a compression bandage to support your facial tissues and muscles after the procedure and keep your incisions sterile.
Moreover, the surgeon will put drains behind your ears to remove excess blood and fluids. Drains may be left in place for a few days or may be removed before you return home from the hospital, depending on your needs. You will be asked to return for a follow-up appointment within a week to assess wounds healing and have drains or stitches removed as necessary.
If you receive minimal access or keyhole facelift, you may be able to return home the same day of the procedure after the medical staff provide you with recovery instructions.
Recovery timeline will vary based on the facelift technique and extent of your surgery. Bruising and swelling are common side effects following surgery and will resolve within a few weeks. You will likely be able to resume your social activities without concern within two to three weeks and apply makeup safely on incisions. Recovery on average is shorter following minimal access and keyhole facelift surgery than after traditional facelift surgery.
What is the result of a facelift surgery?
Facelift surgery can achieve dramatic change in a person’s look as it gives a younger appearance by lifting and tightening the skin and eliminating wrinkles and folds. You will notice an improvement in your facial contours immediately after your surgery, and the final results will be evident within up to eight weeks after bruising and swelling subside.
Schedule your consultation today at Novomed!
At Novomed, we strive to meet and exceed our patients’ expectations by employing only the most advanced, clinically proven techniques, ranging from facelift surgery to threads, injectables, and other non-surgical cosmetic procedures, depending on your preferences and cosmetic needs.
To learn more about facelift surgery or book an appointment with one of our expert plastic surgeons, call us toll-free on 8006686 or click the live chat icon at the bottom of the screen.